International Conference on FlexSim in Academia (ICFA) 2018
June 6-7, 2018
Join us for the first biennial international conference that focuses on
simulation pedagogy and research using FlexSim.
Background: Simulation is emerging as an important tool to support the decision-making and problem-solving processes that are inherent in the design, management, and improvement of numerous types of operations systems, including manufacturing, logistics, healthcare, etc.
FlexSim is a leading simulation software; its power includes integrated 3D modeling for realistic physical representations, an open and easily customized model development environment, and process-based logic building for specifying complex system behaviors and object interactions.
As a result, there is a growing need to effectively educate a wide range of students on at least the basic concepts and power of simulation and disseminate advances in research and application development using FlexSim.
Mission: To expand and enhance the use of simulation in general, and FlexSim in particular, in academe through teaching and research. Participants in this international forum have the opportunity to share ideas and practices, as well as develop collaborations and partnerships.
Topics & Format: The conference committee welcomes papers and presentations on a variety of relevant topics from diverse geographical regions, academic disciplines, and education levels.
Suggested topics include, but are not limited to:
- Methods and practices for teaching simulation
- Current applied research and development activities
- Simulation-based industry-university collaborations
The primary format is full academic paper with presentation. However, proposals for posters, workshops, and special sessions are also welcome.
- All accepted and presented papers will be:
- included in an edited volume (book) published by Springer Verlag
- the book will be submitted for indexing in Scopus
- All presentations will be archived on the conference website.
Venue: Poznan University of Technology (PUT), located in Poznan, Poland, will host the inaugural conference. PUT is a leading user of FlexSim in academe and an innovator in integrating FlexSim into their logistics engineering curriculum. Poznan is situated in western central Poland, between Berlin and Warsaw, and is a center of education, technology, industry, and tourism.
No fee for this conference.
- All submissions will be peer reviewed by at least two referees with acceptance based on relevance, originality, significance, quality, and clarity.
- Papers must use the conference’s template, with a maximum 12 pages in length.
- 28 January 2018: Electronic submission, using the conference’s paper template, of full papers that have not been previously published or presented.
- 12 April 2018: Notice of acceptance and reviewer comments.
- 25 April 2018: Electronic submission of final, corrected papers that have adequately addressed all of the reviewer comments.
- 1 May 2018: Registration deadline.